Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Inspiration for Fungi

I don't seem to know why I have this undying pain to know about fungi, but it doesnt really bother me.If I had the choice to change my passion, i wouldn't. I actually love it when I walk around town and have to stop every ten minutes to get a good look or picture of a fungi I haven't discovered yet. I feel that the worst part about mushroom hunting or stumbling upon mushrooms is that if you find a mushroom you can't just pop it into your mouth without having consequences. Now don't get me wrong, having deadly mushrooms is what makes collecting a mushroom worth the hunt, because you have to spend so much time identifying and comparing.The fact that there are deadly and edible mushrooms enthralls me and makes it extremely risky, which pushes my competitive habits to go all the way through with identifying the fungi down to the spore print.

I love mushrooms and I could sit in front of a fungus that is new to my eyeballs, for hours. Finding a new fungus is like finding a briefcase full of $100 bills. My friends can't stand when we go on walks in the park because every other 30 or so feet I will encounter a new fungus and take a speedy 90 degree turn. Sometimes my friends will just wait and keep talking, other times they will keep walking. To be completey honest it kinda bothers me,but I realized if I needed to be some where I wouldn't want someone to stop every 10 minutes to look at a fungus they dont particularly have any interest in. I think fungi is my passion and I want to pursue a career in this subject. Fungi is my life and I want to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment